By Barbara M. Byrne
Modeled after Barbara Byrne’s different best-selling structural equation modeling (SEM) books, this useful consultant studies the elemental techniques and functions of SEM utilizing Mplus types five & 6. the writer studies SEM purposes in line with genuine info taken from her personal learn. utilizing non-mathematical language, it's written for the beginner SEM person. With every one software bankruptcy, the writer "walks" the reader via all steps occupied with checking out the SEM version including:
- an clarification of the problems addressed
- illustrated and annotated trying out of the hypothesized and submit hoc models
- explanation and interpretation of all Mplus enter and output files
- important caveats pertinent to the SEM software less than study
- a description of the knowledge and reference upon which the version used to be based
- the corresponding information and syntax records on hand at http://www.psypress.com/sem-with-mplus/datasets .
The first chapters introduce the basic innovations of SEM and critical fundamentals of the Mplus software. the rest chapters concentrate on SEM purposes and comprise a number of SEM types offered in the context of 3 sections: Single-group analyses, Multiple-group analyses, and different vital themes, the latter of together with the multitrait-multimethod, latent development curve, and multilevel models.
Intended for researchers, practitioners, and scholars who use SEM and Mplus, this e-book is a perfect source for graduate point classes on SEM taught in psychology, schooling, enterprise, and different social and future health sciences and/or as a complement for classes on utilized facts, multivariate facts, intermediate or complicated information, and/or study layout. acceptable for people with constrained publicity to SEM or Mplus, a prerequisite of uncomplicated information via regression research is recommended.