By Geoffrey Woodward
For over 20 years entry to heritage has been offering scholars with trustworthy, attractive and obtainable content material on quite a lot of subject matters. each one identify within the sequence offers entire assurance of alternative heritage subject matters on present AS and A2 point heritage necessities, along exam-style perform questions and how you can support scholars in attaining their top.
Read or Download ATH: OCR A Historical Themes: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors PDF
Similar history books
This can be the 1st significant synthesis of Greek faith to seem for a iteration. A in actual fact dependent and readable survey for classical students and scholars, it is going to even be commonly welcomed because the most sensible smooth account of any polytheistic spiritual process. The textual content builds up a powerful and coherent photo of the present country of data in regards to the faith of the traditional Greeks.
The second one variation of A background of the Later Roman Empire gains large revisions and updates to the highly-acclaimed, sweeping old survey of the Roman Empire from the accession of Diocletian in advert 284 to the demise of Heraclius in 641.
• includes a revised narrative of the political background that formed the past due Roman Empire
• contains broad alterations to the chapters on neighborhood background, specifically these in terms of Asia Minor and Egypt
• bargains a renewed review of the decline of the empire within the later 6th and 7th centuries
• areas a bigger emphasis at the army deficiencies, cave in of country funds, and position of bubonic plague during the Europe in Rome’s decline
• contains systematic updates to the bibliography
This is often the 1st booklet to deal comprehensively with the archaeology of rafts, boats, and ships from the Stone Age to Medieval instances. the entire areas of the area are coated, from Atlantic Europe and the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean, the China Sea, and the Pacific.
- The Great Bridge: The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge
- Education and Society in Florentine Tuscany (Education and Society in the Middle Ages and Renaissance, Volume 29)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (BFI Film Classics)
- The Origins of War: Violence in Prehistory
- Rebel Code: Linux And The Open Source Revolution
Additional resources for ATH: OCR A Historical Themes: Rebellion and Disorder under the Tudors
Kett is just one of the rebellions which had economic as part of their demands – most of them featured it at least once. However, it could be said that the rebels were just pushing their luck and seeing how far they could go. 1536 and the Reformation), political factions were the main reason for unrest. g. 1549–70), or economic. However, I do believe that there was a crossover, and that a rebellion was never the result – more likely it was a combination. 30 | Rebellion and Disorder Under the Tudors 1485–1603 Assessment for essay 1 Knowledge has been relevantly deployed at a very modest level but with some inaccurate, unclear and disorganised sections.
These people found their wages failed to keep pace with prices, employment opportunities declined, and waste and marginal land, on which many depended in times of hardship, disappeared. These were the pre-conditions for economic and social disorder that prevailed in some parts of the country in the 1530–50s and 1580–90s, and which erupted into violence in 1536 and 1549. Price inflation in the 1536 rebellion Both Aske and Kett referred to the impact that inflation was having on the price of land.
Therefore, it seems likely that the out-of-favour faction used their power and resources to support this rebellion. In addition the pilgrims’ prelude, the Lincolnshire rising, featured both Willoughby and Dymoke at its centre. Both had lost power at court and in the county, and Willoughby in particular resented the Duke of Suffolk’s growing control over his cousin Katherine and, as a result over his money, power and status. 4 In Mary’s reign, Wyatt launched a rebellion motivated in a way 4 Sound synoptic links are evident here.